Check out our video to learn more about First Batch.
First Batch provides four months of rent at the Losantiville design collective space. This gives companies not only desk and meeting space, but also access to a workshop and prototyping tools.
MENTORINGWe aim to connect each company with a set of mentors and advisers unique to each product and business type. We have access to a deep pool of local talent well versed in bringing new products to market.
CONNECTIONSOne of the main goals of the program is to provide direct connections to Cincinnati-based manufacturers that can bring your product to scale. But we also aim to connect to the necessary legal, design, business, packaging, and logistics support that goes along with producing and selling at the next level.
FUNDINGEach company receives an $8,000 production budget to be used with local manufacturers in the process of scaling and creating their next step in production.
GET MORE DETAILS HERE
Want to schedule a 30-minute chat with the program director to answer any questions or get some brief feedback? Sign up for an office hours appointment today.
- Apply by May 1 2015
- Program runs from June 2015 to October 2015
- Receive up to $8,000 worth of assistance for manufacturing development
- Workspace at the Losantiville Design Collective
- Opportunity to take the ArtWorks CO.STARTERS class (A business development course for creative entrepreneurs)
- 6 entrepreneurs will be selected for the 2015 program
- Commit to work full-time to the 5 month process
First Batch expects each selected entrepreneur to:
- Continue to research and refine their product
- Identify and define target markets and end users
- Develop connections in the supply and distribution markets
- Build strong brand, marketing, and sales strategies
- Produce and manufacture their first product runs in the timeframe
- Establish strong network of mentors and specialists
- Build skills in financial management
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal entrepreneur for the program has these qualities:
- An idea for a new product that they’re ready to take production and distribution
- A physical prototype. (Can be rough or polished)
- Drive to grow their business in a self-directed way
- Willingness to take risks and learn from mentors
- Strong communication skills
- Is committed full time to the growth of their business
- Willingness to work at Losantiville in Over-the-Rhine
CHECK OUT THE FIRST BATCH VIDEO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM.
Point Cut Studios
Ken Addison, founder
Blink- studio level live video control simplified. Find out more about Point Cut Studio
Natalie Mathis and Quincy Robinson, co-founders
3DKitbash has experience in toy sculpting for digital files they provide online, but are diving back into the physical toy world to produce a line of collectible vinyl sports-related toys. Find out more about their launch of Monster Mascots
Tim Karoleff, founder
First Batch is run out of the historic Moerlein cold storage / Apex Furniture building. Located in the Brewery District of Over-the-Rhine, the area offers the right mix of history and industrial character with the palpable excitement of growth and new businesses. Its the perfect place for starting a company making physical products.
Cincinnati Made is a non-profit effort to promote, connect, and grow small batch manufacturing in Cincinnati.
First Batch is made possible through the generous support of the the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation.
Follow us on Facebook